For a long time customers were asking us about Polyurethane and Composites coatings , until it became for RIF an unavoidable choice, an inevitable completion of the products’ range and services considering, as well as decades of experience and introduction into the market, even the high operational capabilities of the other RIF production departments, which are in fact able to carry out all the accessory processes also for this type of coatings.
We have therefore created a completely new specific department, with a high level of automation and equipped with the latest generation of operating machines, which are also compulsory choices given the important presence of excellent competitors in the market.
The purpose of use of the above coatings is mainly that of the paper industry.
The new department is currently able to perform coatings with table up to 12000 mm, diameter 2000 mm and in this first phase with cylinder weight up to 40 tons.
Thanks to the use of Nano-particles and special reinforcing filler materials, the new HEVOCAL series composite coatings are designed for use in Smooth Soft, Supercalanders and multi-nip calenders both on and off the paper sheet production line.
These coatings are optimized for calendering various types of paper and could be specially designed for specific applications upon request.
• Excellent dynamic performance with low energy consumption for high load applications
• Excellent resilience and breaking strength properties
• Extreme wear resistance to maintain long operating times
• Optimized surface features
• Innovative anchoring system to the base metal
• Anchoring system optimized for temperature containment
HEVOCAL coatings, for some applications, can also be anchored directly on traditional elastic calender cylinders coated with paper or similar.
With composite coatings, the range of new RIF coatings also extends to other applications such as:
• Coating of central cylinders and / or upper cylinders of the wet press section suitable for direct contact with the sheet of paper, with increased sheet detachment and scrapability properties
• Coating of counter-cylinders for Shoe-Press